Just Cause 2 (by Avalanche Studios) is an excellent game and even though it’s two years old, it’s still one which I’d heartily recommend today. I’m a big fan. Soooo much explodey, drivey, chaotic fun! If you see it for sale anywhere, snap it up! Steam often have it for under four quid. Anyhoo, I did one of my Gaming Wisdom posts for it. Won’t make a lick of sense if you haven’t played the game and even if you have, there’s no guarantees.
So here are 10 things I learnt from Just Cause 2 (PC)…
- While a roll-cage will protect you from crashes, the second you get out of a moving vehicle, any collision will turn it into a devastating fiery ball-of-death for all in its path.
- Even during a blazing to-the-death firefight, enemy combatants are perfectly happy to patiently wait for your call-out one-stop-shop helicopter to deliver more ammunition in the event that you ever run out.
- Some regimes specifically look for recruits with goldfish-like memories. I guess it probably helps them cope emotionally with the mass slaughter of their comrades by passing para-sailing foreign mercenaries.
- Even while being peppered with lethal quantities of lead far in excess of their RDA, enemy troops will still find the civility to speak the language of their assailant.
- Despite minding your own business, well-meaning but thoughtless local rebels can really bugger up your sneaky, hidey, stealthy plans.
- When falling at terminal velocity to your certain doom from a great height, all that is really needed to save your life is an extra burst of speed that only attaching your grappling-hook to the ground can provide.
- Local Panau factions will always need high-priced mercenaries to hop over gates and break into compounds for them as ladder technology apparently hasn’t been developed.
- Shouting “He’s trying to hide!” is a viable response to a psychopath running straight at you.
- The nozzles on Panau gas cylinders are so badly fitted that a bullet hit anywhere on the cylinder’s surface will dislodge it… and set it alight!
- Sheldon doesn’t really understand how grenades work.
Even if you aren’t planning a vacation to the fiction island of Panau, these juicy gobs of gaming wisdom ripped from the grenade shredded carcass of Just Cause 2 will serve you well, no matter what the situation… as long as it involves a criminal faction-led insurgency, grappling-hooks or a helicopter-based weapon/vehicle home shopping channel. Enjoy!